Enviro-Stewards employs a focused Five-Step Pollution Prevention Process that is aimed at reducing your overhead and treatment costs.
Enviro-Stewards follows a focused 5-step approach to Pollution Prevention Assessment:
1. Who are your champions?
· A team is assembled with representatives typically
from upper management, engineering, QA/QC,
plant supervision, and operators.
2. What are your primary wastes?
· Quantify & prioritize wastes through measurement,
observation, and facility records.
3. Why are your wastes generated?
· Identifying root causes as to why waste is
generated in the first place.
4. Where can they be reduced?
· Design and perform financial & technical analysis of
5. When should change be implemented?
· Prepare an implementation plan that categorizes
each opportunity within an immediate, medium-term,
or long-term time frame.
- The Toronto Region Sustainability Program (TRSP) provides co-funding for P2 assessments.
- Partners in Project Green offers free walkthrough P2 assessments of facilities in the Pearson Eco-Business Zone.
- The Ontario Drinking Water Stewardship Program (ODWSP) offers free P2 assessments of facilities within a certain geographic proximity to municipal wells and surface water intakes.
Address Problem Drivers
- Efficiently reduces overhead costs and effluent treatment costs (versus end-of-pipe treatment).
- Legally required at the Federal, Provincial, and/or Municipal level, such as:
· Ontario’s Toxics Reduction Act (TRA), Toronto’s Sewer Use Bylaw (Chapter 681),
and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) notices.
- Improved employee Health & Safety.
- Reduced risk of environmental impact.