Register for our Blue Roof livestream on June 24, 2021!
Register here for the Affordable Smart Blue Roof livestream and read below for more details:
As described in this CBC article, blue roofs are an emerging rainwater harvesting technology that stores stormwater on roofs. Benefits of blue roofs include climate adaptation advantages such as flood prevention and reduced stormwater infrastructure costs, as well as water ruese and energy conservation.
Our Affordable Smart Blue Roof (ASBR) livestream will feature:
- A detailed explanation of how a blue roof works
- Intact Insurance: Flooding risk avoidance (flooding is now the largest claims in Canada and doubled in the last decade due to comate change)
- Tour of Enviro-Stewards’ ASBR, including drone footage and interior features
- Address common issues and concerns related to leaks, structural integrity, landlord benefits, and climate adaptation infrastructure
- Video presentations by Sandy Shantz (Mayor of Township of Woolwich), Cheryl Evans (Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation), Bruce Taylor (President, Enviro-Stewards), Tova Davidson (Executive Director, Sustainable Waterloo Region), Tim Louis (MP), and more!
Another related initiative of Enviro-Stewards is our living wall, which was recently featured in the Rural Post: