The new ISO 50001 standard is intended to provide organizations with a systematic approach to the management of energy. Implementation of the standard can provide the following benefits:
- Reduction in Energy Usage
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gases
- Reduction in Utility Bills
- Increased Manufacturing Efficiency
- Company-wide Involvement in Energy Efficiency Programs
- Provides Framework for Monitoring and Verification of Long-Term Savings
ISO 50001 Approach to Energy Management: A Schematic
Enviro-Stewards is uniquely qualified to support organizations through several of the steps in the implementation of ISO 50001. We will analyze an organization’s past and present energy usage, identify the major consumers of energy, create a list of significant energy reduction opportunities, and help organizations develop an action plan based on selected savings targets. We will also help organizations through the implementation of the opportunities and will monitor and verify associated energy and cost savings.
Natural Resources Canada recently initiated a funding program to cover 50% of the cost, up to $25,000, to support implementation of the ISO 50001 standard at industrial facilities. The funding program will end on March 31, 2013.